Welcome to Neon, release Fatboy Slim!
From now we will release all Neon builds as publically updates since we are getting closer and closer to an official release.
New features implemented in release Fatboy Slim
- Download multiple album/artist pictures tool. Quickly download multiple albums/artist pictures at once using all available plug-ins.
- Quick editing mode in all tracklist controls except for the Play queue. Simply enable editing from the context menu and correct any tags you like, without the need of starting any of the Tag editors!
- Possibility to group tracks in tracklist controls (excluding the Play queue and album details)
- Background picture support for album and artist detail views
- 10-band Equalizer tool
- The CD-ripper tool is now available with full support for ripping to different formats
- Filename to tag tool, available from the Tag editors and the script engine
- Automatic and manual update checker
- Amazon plug-in
- Improvements to the Discogs plug-in to return more picture results
- Quick migration from Helium 11, quickly migrate your active database and your pictures
- Drag and drop picture files directly to albums, artists and label controls
- Copy multiple files function
- Move multiple files function with full database update support
- Remap-path tool
- Possibility to export playlists (M3U, M3U8 and PLS) from various views as well as from the script engine
- Additional detailed information shown in desktop alert after add and update operations
- Various new features in the scripting engine, click here see the official documentation for more information
- Play counter is updated on Id3v2 tags during playback
- Play counter support in Advanced searches and Smart playlists
- iOS applications are updated to support Neon, althought not yet released on AppStore.
- UWP (Windows 10) version of Helium Remote released as open-source
Apart from all news above, we have of course fixed all reported and found bugs to make this build really stable.
Please uninstall any previous version of Helium Streamer 3 before installing this release. All settings are now stored in %ProgramData%\Imploded Software\Helium Streamer. This is also where cached pictures, log files and transcoded files are stored by default.
News in Helium Streamer
- New play queue handling. The play queue handling now works similar to Neon, which means that manual and automatically queued tracks are supported. Manually queued tracks are marked with a dot on the left of the track in the play queue. These tracks will be retained even if you double-click in any tracklist.
- If Neon is installed, settings will be picked up and the same database will be used.
- If Neon is not installed, a new database will be created. A default password of admin is set on the Default user. This password can be changed from the Launcher.
- Playing statistics are now reported correctly to Last.fm
- Ability to add/remove favourite on artist
- Ability to add/remove favourite on album
- Minor corrections to sorting of tracks in albums
- Ability to set a default password
- Experimental: Add files to database. It’s now possible to try out a first version of add to database from Settings. Please only use the features on this page on databases you have a backup of since they are not yet fully tested. Please report any issues with these features.
What’s planned for our next release, Gouryella?
- Release all updated mobile applications officially
- Release all plug-ins as open-source so that each one of you that are interested can be inspired to contribute with own plug-ins
- Continue with the documentation work
- Continue with the final testing
Since all releases will now be publically released we would really like you to contribute to our testing process. If you find something that does not seem correct, please let us know. If the built-in bug reporting tool shows up, please report as much information as possible about which steps you performed and we will try to address the issues as quick as we can.
Note: It should not be neccesary to uninstall a previously installed version of Neon.