The past weeks we have been working hard with this new release to be able to deliver a more complete and stable version.
What’s new in release Gouryella?
- Visualization plug-in support. Run your favourite Sonique, Winamp 2/5, Windows Media Player or BassBox visualization plug-ins.
- Possibility to customize shortcuts for various tools and commands.
- Pictures filter in release and artist views which quickly allows filtering of items with or without pictures.
- Possibility to load and save global filters.
- Extensions to the script engine – scripts are now defined with a json file, which allows definition of a display name, a description of the scripts purpose and more. Click here for more details about the script changes.
- Improvements to the Amazon plug-in.
- An advanced search will show artists and releases in the results, if any.
- File type available in the Global filter.
- New operators for last played and added date, in the last X days | weeks | months | years, not in the last X days | weeks | months | years.
- Play counter operator improvements in Global filter, Smart playlists and Advanced search.
- Folder structure support for scripts in menues and Run script dialog.
- Possibility to define custom sorting in releases and artists view.
- Improvements to importing of Helium 11 databases.
- Performance improvements for downloading of artist information.
- Performance improvements for tagging operations.
- Custom fields can be properly mapped to custom tag frames as in earlier Helium versions.
- Release view and artist view filters are remembered during navigation.
- Playing trend added to statistics.
- File type trends added to statistics. This chart is interactive and specific series can be toggled on/off.
- Bugfixes to similar albums.
- Minor visual improvements to the Equalizer.
Helium Streamer have received lots of new features and corrections since last release. The most significant news are listed below:
- New genre view
- New track view
- New year view
- New search results page
- Custom release types are now shown correctly
- Play, queue next and queue last available from release details
- Global search now also show tracks
- Pressing enter in the global search takes you to the search results page
- New tab on artist page that shows all tracks for artist
- It’s now possible to remove tracks from the play queue
- Corrections to play queue handling
Please report any issues found in this forum thread:
What’s planned for our next release, Hardfloor?
- Release all our download plug-ins as Open Source
- Continue with the documentation work
- Continue with the final testing
- Translation support
Interested in translating Neon?
If you are interested in helping us translating Neon, please contact us. As a thank for your help, you will receive a free license of the full product when released.