Today we have released a new version of Neon with some new features and bug fixes.
As we are getting closer and closer to a release, please report any bugs found so that we can ensure maximum stability when the version is released.
This especially applies to importing of databases and similar features, if you experience a reproducible problem with this tool, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Interested in translating Neon?
We are constantly looking for help with translations. Translating Neon is made with an external tool, Zeta resource editor, which makes the translation process simple.
Translators will get a free license of Neon and Streamer 3!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Improvements in this version
- Possibility to edit, load and save Advanced Tag Editor templates
- Right-click context menu for the Library node in the Music Explorer with commands for copying a folder and its sub-folders, moving of a folder and its sub-folders, Renaming a folder, Removing of a folder and its sub-folders and the possibility to explore the path of a library folder
- Right-click context menu for artist and album nodes in the Music Explorer with possibility to rename a specific album/artist on both tags and in the library with just a simple click
- Possibility to update an existing file in the Library from one format to another without losing tags and statistics. This function is available as a script and is very useful when migrating from a lossy format (e.g. MP3) to a lossless format (e.g. FLAC)
- New functions in the scripting API
- Possibility to rename artists and albums via the more/context menus.
- Possibility to add a specific root path in the Update library tool
- User interface adjustments for statistics
- Possibility to remove artist, album and label pictures via the context menu
- Artist, album, album-artist, genre, label and year nodes are linked in the Music Explorer
- Title column in release details is shown by default
- Improved performance in Remap path function
- Updates to the Portuguese language
- Various documentation updates
Bug fixes in this version
- Corrected browsing of paths ending with specific latin characters (MySql only)
- Sort order fixes in Music Explorer (Sql Compact, Sql Server only)
- Fixes for statistics when using Sql Compact and Sql Server databases
- See more link for top labels now works correct
- Equalizer presets are not overwritten during a version update
- Fixes for remap path (MySql only)
- Fixes for importing of Helium 11 databases
- Various fixes related to updating of the library
Downloading the new version
This version can either be downloaded via the Update checker of by clicking the link below: