Welcome to a new beta version of Helium 12!
This beta version contains a new improvements and bug fixes.
Our work with improvements to the application is continuing, follow the forum to see what we are currently are working on.
Please note that this beta version will upgrade your database so it is recommended that you create a backup before installing this version. When upgraded, the database will not be compatible with the current version of Helium Streamer. A download link to an revised Streamer version can be found below.
News in this release
- Improvement Album collections filter available from the Albums view. An album can be set to belong to one or more collections, for example “To be tagged”, “To be listened to”, “High quality” via the context menu for an album. A new button located to the top-right in the Albums view allows you to quickly set which collection to be viewed as a static filter. You can still combine this filter with additional filters.
- Improvement Possibility to set Release type for all tracks of an album via the context menu
- Improvement Possibility to set Release type for the selected tracks via the context menu
- Improvement Possibility to open album details for an album from a tracklist in album mode, either by double-clicking it or by pressing Enter.
- Improvement Added date is available as a selectable tracklist column
Improvement New iOS applications of Helium Streamer and Helium Remote with full iOS 10 support
- Improvement Possibility to control height for Lyrics, Biography and Picture controls in the Advanced Tag Editor
- Improvement Default timeout values for Sql Server are increased
- Improvement Possibility to drag one or more folders from Windows explorer and drop them into the Add to library window so that folders does not need to be added one at a time
- Improvement A library is validated during opening to ensure that no tables and keys are missing
- Bugfix Correct hiding/showing of the right sidebar when the Play queue is docked/not docked
- Bugfix Alternate row coloring fixes for artist details > all tracks
- Bugfix The artist details > albums view should no longer jump to top when an item is selected
The biggest change in this verison is album collections, which allows a very quick way to sort albums in your collection in a simple and quick way.
More features related to album collections are planned, for example support in our mobile applications and the Streamer.
Apart from the improvements and fixes above we have also handled issues reported via the forum and the automatic bug reporting tool.
Please note that this is a beta version meaning that all tools and features are not 100% tested.