Welcome to a new feature packed Helium release!
Major improvements in Helium 12.2
- New user interface for the Update library tool. The tool now allows updating of specific folders selected from a tree
- Startup speed optimizations. Up to 300% quicker startup when using larger databases.
- General speed optimizations for various views
- Optimizations for the converter tool (uses multiple cores when possible)
- Optimizations for the splitter tools (uses multiple cores when possible)
- New now playing view
- Possibility to use cropping of thumbnails
- Possibility to select different thumbnail aspect ratios per-view
- A-Z button filter available from the releases, artists and labels view allowing quick jumping to a specific letter. Can be toggled on/off.
- Possibility to mark an album or artist as a favourite directly via the thumbnail control from all views
- HTML formatting support for biography (Edit artist, artist pages)
- HTML formatting support for Album review
- New job queueing logic which allows tagging whilst playing and having queued jobs
- French language added
- Click on the player time to toggle between elapsed/remaining time
- Context driven status bars showing more exact information for the active view/filter
- Size available as a column in track lists
- The playlists a file is contained in is now shown in Properties as a new tab
- Performance optimizations in the Music Explorer tree
- Possibility to resize the left-bar in the Playlists view
- Visual improvements in the Rename tool
- Improvements to MP4/M4* file reading so that videos shall not be added
- Option allowing the source file to be automatically removed after a split operation
- The current Windows regional date format is now used to display dates
- Minor improvements to backup and restore operations
- File owner added to the rename tool (Tag to filename engine)
- Possibility to update a specific folder from the Music explorer > Library context menu
- Possibility to move multiple columns up/down in the Select columns tool
- Possibility to edit tags for either selected files/items in the view or all items in the view
- Improvements to auto-track increase functions in the Tag editors
- Filename to tag templates will be saved and remembered between sessions
- Album version available as naming variable for album pictures
- Download lyrics API available
Major bug fixes in Helium 12.2
- Logic for cd-path handling fixes and improvements
- Bug fix related to writing of FLAC attached picture descriptions with foreign characters and incorrect text encoding
- Proper updating of play counter and last played in the Play queue and track lists
- Track list sorting is properly applied in the Music Explorer, Tracks view
- Statistics on artist detail pages will now properly scroll when necessary
- Properly opening of files with foreign characters in the Analyze tool
- Bug fix when manual queue mode could be lost in the Play queue after tagging
- Bug fixes and minor improvements related to edit mode in track lists
- Bug fixes related to saving of recording year in MP3 files
- Bug fixes related to the Smart playlists select by functions
- Bug fixes related to locking of multiple pictures in the Advanced tag editor
- Reset button properly shows in Music Explorer albums view when using a filter
- Various visual bug fixes when removing tracks from a playlist
- Properly hiding/showing of active Music explorer root nodes
- Bug fixes related to displaying of file owner contents
What’s planned next?
We will continue to implement new features, we are mostly working on features requested via the forums.
If you miss a certain function or think that some function can be improved, please let us and the community know via our forum.
Click this here to open the feature requests forum.