Welcome to a new beta version of Helium 12.4.
Major improvements in this version
- Major improvements to memory consumption and removal of memory leaks. This leads indirectly to performance improvements.
- New Ogg vorbis reader and writer. The new version of this file format reader fully supports segmented Ogg vorbis files
- Possibility to use Genre style grouping in Genres view. Genres can be grouped as childs to a genre style using the Manage genres tool. Full support in smart playlists and advanced searches
- Possibility to set descriptive names for rename templates to more easily identify specific rename templates
- Copy tags tool which allows copying and transcoding of tags from one format to another, for multiple files
- Conductor column available in track lists
- Original year column available in track lists
- Various user interface improvements and fixes
- When renaming files and a file with the destination filename exists with another extension, it is shown with yellow background
- Tracks sorting applied to My Computer view
- When adding a file with subtracks, gain values for the master track are “pushed” to the subtracks
- When calculating gain for a file with subtracks, resulting gain values are “pushed” to the subtracks
- When adding files, recording year is no longer used to set release year, if release year does not exists
Minor improvements and bug fixes in this version
- Lock function in Advanced Tag Editor works properly with “delta changes” logic
- Corrections to saving of Conductor field from the Tag Editor
- Minor corrections and improvements to the Duplicate finder
- Views are lazily instansiated to reduce memory consumption
- Cancellation improvements for Convert files and Split files tools
- Improvements and bug fixes for updating of album, artist and label images
- Drag to reorder improvements for Playlists
- Corrected tooltips on label items
- Visual drag indicators properly shown when using drag to reorder in track lists
- Corrections to Tag editor, switch command
- Corrections when adding tracks with same length in the Split tool
- Bugs fixes related to removal of files from a root path
- Bug fixes related to setting of release type
- When renaming a file with subtracks, subtracks are properly updated with the resulting filename
- Corrections when using “Start withs” argument for textual fields in Advanced search/Smart playlists
- Corrections when playing next/previous subtrack
- Proper data is used when using the rename tools on subtracks
- Position slider corrections when replaying a subtrack
- Ratings are no longer changed when working with scripts against files that does not exist in the Library
- Updates to several components
Working with the beta version
Please note that this is a beta version meaning that all tools and features are not 100% tested.
This beta version will NOT install into a specific beta folder, instead it will upgrade your existing Helium 12 installation and you can continue to use your settings without the need of cloning them.
If you find any bugs or such with this release, click here to let us know!