Welcome to a new Helium update, the first one for this year.
This update is a minor update with some new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The most relevant changes includes:
- System volume changes are visualized in Helium
- Improvements to attached pictures MIME handling
- File synchronization tool properly supports cancellation
- Corrections to genre handling when genres mapped to tracks can be null
- Improvements to updates for the release details page
- Various component updates
- Corrections to user interface updates (Dispatcher) when using the Advanced tag editor from various views
- Improvements to the scripting engine, more fields are supported
- Possibility to set/update artists pictures via scripting
- Possibility to use rescaling of pictures from scripts
- Improvements to editing of multiple genres
- Support for Smart playlists in File synchronization
- Updates to the Android apps
- Unknown albums will no longer be included in the album picture handling
- Several improvements to the file copying tool
- Major improvements to M4A file and tagging, mainly compatibility related
- Improvements to the inplace editing in the Tag editor
- Prevention of adding duplicates to the File synchronization tool
- Possibility to select output device and buffer level when DirectSound is used instead of WASAPI
- Improvements to the preloading in the player
Apart from the above listed changes, we have also corrected all reported bugs.
We recommend all users to update to this version.