The first beta version of Helium 14 is now available for testing.
Major new features and improvements
- Multiple album artists – This is one of the most requested and unique features introduced in Helium 14. Multiple album artists allows you to tag albums with more than one artists – ideal for compilations created by more than one artist, covers albums and similar releases. Each artist that appears as an album artist will be browsable and the release will show up on all involved artists discographies. Best of all – you can concentrate on the tagging, Helium will perform the extraction of multiple album artists for you.
- Web radio channels – Helium 14 comes with a new Web radio channel view available from the Music Explorer. Basic stream formats as well as ShoutCast, ICE-cast and http live streaming (HLS) are supported.
- Column-filters in track lists – You can optionally select to display a filter for each column in the track lists. Click the filter icon to apply a simple or more complex, expression based filter. Multiple filters can be active at the same time.
- Preview tree in the Rename tool – To get a better visual overview of the rename result you can now toggle between a preview tree and a plain file list.
- UI improvements – Action buttons comes with a more distinct look, some views are less cluttered due to removed borders, new and powerful file/folder dialogs and last but not least – it is possible to use smaller icons in the navigation bar to gain a couple of more pixles in width. Other UI improvements includes customizable colours for the toolbar buttons.
- External applications – It is now possible to configure and run external applications on selected files directly from the context menu. External applications accepts various input parameter and starting modes.
- The CD ripper comes with a slightly improved interface, better handling for CD’s with lead-out data and template support for the generated folders/filenames.
- The Subtrack Editor comes with support for working with offsets for easier and quicker tagging. Enter the start offset and end offset for each song and the duration will be automatically calculated.
- The Select columns dialog supports drag and moving of columns for quicker rearranging of columns.
- The Player supports higher precision and more accurate skipping with the normal position bar. It also comes with updated drivers.
- The Advanced Tag Editor comes with a new template control, File info. This control will display information about the current file and more.
Apart from the above major changes and improvements this version also comes with:
- Revised plug-in engine which supports more and new datatypes as well a generic Id handling (track ids, artist ids and release ids)
- A new translation system where languages are loaded from disk instead of being compiled into the application. This offers quicker and easier translating of Helium since a translator will be able to directly see the changes performed. (Only a release is required)
Working with this beta version
- SQL Server Compact support is fully removed. It is therefore no longer possible to import Helium 11 databases.
- Please note that this version is a beta, meaning that all tools and features are not 100% tested.
- These beta versions will install into a specific folder so that you can have both Helium 13 and 14 installed at the same time.
- If you also use Helium Streamer, please be aware that there are two options available:
- Use the latest official version of Helium Streamer (188.8.131.528). This version will be compatible with the database in Helium 13. If you upgrade this database you won’t be able to use this version of Helium Streamer any longer.
- Use the latest beta version of Helium Streamer (184.108.40.2067). This version needs to be configured to use a database that has been upgraded to Helium 14.
- Any databases that are opened with Helium 14 will not be usable in Helium 13 since they will become upgraded.
- Use your Helium 13 license details to register this version.
Please backup your database and settings before installing this version.
Windows 7 users:
Make sure that you have the following hot-fix installed: