The first beta version of Helium 15 is now available for testing.
Major changes in this release
- Changed MySql/MariaDb database providers for better performance and stability.
This is a major change which affects everything that relates to MySql/MariaDb in Helium.
- New API framework for the Helium Remote apps with better stability and performance
- Re-rip: A tool which helps you to re-rip your CDs (note that this tool is still under active development)
- The Helium Remote apps for iOS and Android are rewritten to use an improved realtime update system to be much more responsive
- Updates to various user-interface components
- Possibility to import iTunes libraries
- Multiple new methods and properties available for scripts
- Multiple new fields available in Action manager commands
- Possibility to analyse and view properties for the active file in the Advanced Tag Editor
- Possibility to use external tools for the active file in the Advanced Tag Editor
- Possibility to disable rich-text editing in biography and lyrics fields
- Setting to ignore default grouping of multiple CD albums
- Setting which allows reading of TPE2 ID3v2 fields for album artist (external compatibility)
- Support for more fields in download plugins
Working with the beta version
Please note that this version is a beta, meaning that all tools and features are not 100% tested.
These beta versions will install into a specific folder so that you can have both Helium 14 and 15 installed at the same time.
Any databases that are opened with Helium 15 will be usable in Helium 14 since they will not be upgraded.
If a blue window appears when you start the installer titled “Windows Protected Your Computer”, Windows Defender has prevented the installer from running automatically.
The reason for this is that we had to create a new signing certificate for Helium 15 which Windows Defender has not registered yet.
To resolve this, click “More info” and then “Run anyway”
Our current mobile apps, Helium Remote and Helium Streamer will not work with this release of Helium 15 and the new Streamer version.
When Helium 15 is released officially, we will release the new apps, but since Apple and Google only allows one active app version at the same time in their stores, we cannot release them now.
The new apps uses updated so called APIs to communicate with Helium and the Streamer. These new APIs are not compatible with the APIs in Helium 14 and the current version of the Streamer.
If you plan to use Helium 14 and the current version of the Streamer for a while, please make sure that you do not update the mobile apps.
Please backup your database and settings before installing this version.
Helium Streamer 5 beta 1
We have made many improvements to Helium Streamer as well. Below are the most significant news:
- Changed MySql/MariaDb database providers for better performance and stability. This is a major change which affects everything that relates to MySql/MariaDb in Helium.
- New API framework for the Helium Streamer app with better stability and performance
- The Helium Streamer apps for iOS comes with improved streaming as well as full support for background audio
Please note that Helium Streamer 15 will install on top of any previous Helium Streamer release. This is because Helium Streamer is a background service and there can only be one instance running at any specific time.