Welcome to Helium 15 beta 5.
This version contains various fixes and new features since Helium 15 beta 4 was released.
Changes in this version
- Reorganized the main menu and context menus for a more optimized workflow. Menus are now much more logical in their order and what names that are being used on menu items.
- Various improvements to the CD Ripper. Downloading of data, parsing of data and other fixes.
- Big improvements to the Optimize library feature.
- Possibility to select which database optimization steps to be performed. This can greatly speed up the optimization on large databases, if you only wish to run certain optimizations.
- A new optimization step that will remove all unused artists in the database. Unused artists can be left in the database either if they have previously been in the database but has been removed, or if an incorrectly names artist have been renamed (the old incorrectly named artist may still be there in that case). Some of these problems have only arised for users who have used Helium for a long period of time, through many different releases.
- A help button is available at the title bar for all tools that supports help (pressing F1 on the keyboard still works as before)
- Active track view (available from the visualizations menu), a new “fullscreen” view that shows rotating (optional) album and artist art with controllable speed plus lyrics for the track currently playing:
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Working with the beta version
Please note that this version is a beta, meaning that all tools and features are not 100% tested.
Any databases that are opened with Helium 15 will be usable in Helium 14 since they will not be upgraded.