Welcome to a new beta version of Helium 13.5.
This version comes with several improvements and fixes, the most important are listed below.
Drag and drop
It is now possible to use drag and drop for files in the Music Explorer. From the tracklist, start a drag operation of one or more selected files and drop them directly into a folder under the Library node to copy the files into the destination folder. Files can also be moved if shift is pressed whilst performing the operation.
From the Music Explorer you can also drag one or more tracks into a playlist.
In the Playlists view it is also possible to drag one or more files from the track list directly into a playlist.
Sometimes there might be situations when you find tracks or albums you would like to add to a specific playlist without having direct access to playlists as in the Music Explorer or the Playlists view. One way to add tracks to a specific playlist for these situations are of course via the context-menu in the tracks view, but with this Helium version we introduce a new way of handling this – the playlist drop-zone.
The playlist drop-zone is located in the player to the bottom right, just below the rating control.
Click the button to select a specific playlist you would like to work with and then from any track view or album view, drag and drop items to the drop-zone to add them to the selected playlist. Just click the button again to change to another playlist.
Player and playlists
Whilst writing about the player there are some more new things related to that:
- Tempo control is now available directly from the player
- When a song is playing, BPM can automatically be calculated, if empty and stored to library and tags. This option is available from Tools > Options > Player
For playlists, there are some options available when creating harmonic mixes, selecting starting key for example.
Advanced searches & Smart Playlists
Artist/group country, born/formed year, died/disbanded year and volume is now possible to use in advanced searches and smart playlists.
Some other changes and corrections are also included in this release:
- All genres from an artists tracks are used in the header of the artist details page. The genres are clickable.
- It is possible to expand and collapse headers in the album details and artist details pages
- Quickly hide or show the advanced filters via the View menu
- Various fixes related to loading and saving of action manager fields
- Various fixes related to SQLite tagging
- Various user interface fixes
Apart from the above new features and improvements, this version comes with several bug fixes and minor improvements.
Working with the beta version
Please note all functions in this beta version is not fully completed. Functions might not have passed all QA testing and translation texts can be missing.
This beta version cannot be installed parallel to the official Helium 13 version.
If you find any bugs or if you have feedback, please let us know by clicking here.
Click here to download Helium 13.5 beta 2