We are today more than proud to present the result of the last one and a half years of hard work, a completely new digital music management tool.
Helium 12 is rewritten from the ground up to be a more modern, expandable and powerful tool.
Compared to older versions of Helium, there are some major changes in Helium 12 worth to mention:
- There are now only two versions, a free version and a Premium version.
- The Premium version is required to be able to use the Helium Remote app, which is still fully free for iOS, Android and Windows 10.
- If you would like to use the Streamer app, it is still free for iOS and Android, but it will require a license of Helium Streamer.
- Helium Streamer is also rewritten from scratch and now resembles the interface of Helium 12 so it will be easier to switch between the two. We also plan on releasing a free version of Helium Streamer shortly.
- The views in Helium 12 is not equal to older versions of Helium – instead they use album, artist and label graphics much more and adds interaction via hyperlinks.
- There is no specific Music Browser view, instead all views works similar to the old Music Browser!
- We have implemented a powerful scripting engine which comes with many example script for various operations, ranging from tag operations to list creation and importing of external playlists. Best of all – there’s a well-documented API available so that you can start to create your own scripts today!
The list of features can be long, the best way to find out more about them is to start to test Helium 12 today!
You can of course import your Helium 11 database automatically into Helium 12, please note that it will be upgraded and no longer usable with Helium 11 after the import.
Will Helium 12 be the correct tool for me?
That’s up to each one of you to decide – Helium has always offered many different workflows and cataloging possibilities, not all old functions are available in Helium 12, but instead new functions are available. More functions are also under construction already, you can follow what’s planned and their current status by visiting the forum.
Do you miss a feature from Helium 11? Kindly let us know in the forums. We welcome all feedback and will continue to deliver updates to Helium regularly.
What will happen to Helium 11?
One of the major reasons why we decided to create Helium 12 from scratch was because we needed to change the platform which Helium 11 and older versions were built on.
Helium 12 is built using the most modern platform and can therefore take advantage of things like hardware accelerated graphics, Windows Audio Service API, multi-core support when downloading data, most recent and optimized database drivers and much more.
This is something which Helium 11 could never do because of the architecture it was built on.
So, we will from now no longer update and maintain Helium 11.
Users with any old Helium version will have the possibility to get a discounted upgrade offer to Helium 12. Please note that there is only an import feature for Helium 11 available, not from prior versions.
Existing users – what about us?
All users that have purchased Helium 11 within the last year will as usual get a free upgrade. You can find your license information from our Customer center:
Users that have a license of Helium Streamer can also find their license in the Customer center (link above).
You can always contact us for additional questions, licensing information etc. Another way to get more information is via the online help and the user forums for which you can find links on our website, http://www.helium.fm
We would like to end this news post with giving all users that have helps us with testing, feedback, translation or in any other way a big thank you – without you it would not have been possible to deliver Helium 12 today!